There are many advantages of using Cloudflare, mainly to increase website performance (CDN) and security.
However, when using Cloudflare, all hits to your website will come from Cloudflare IP addresses. In order to obtain visitors’ actual IP address, you must install mod_cloudflare.
Installing mod_cloudflare on a cPanel server is very easy. Just follow 6 steps as below. Please be reminded that this is only applicable if you are using Apache webserver.
1. Connect to your server through SSH and log in as root.
2. Change directory to /usr/local/src
3. Obtain mod_cloudflare source code
wget --no-check-certificate http://github.com/cloudflare/CloudFlare-Tools/raw/master/mod_cloudflare.c
4. Build and install mod_cloudflare by using Apache Extension Tool
apxs -a -i -c mod_cloudflare.c
5. Restart the Apache Server daemon
service httpd restart
6. Update the Apache configuration data
From now on, Apache will log the visitors’ actual IP address instead of the Cloudflare IP addresses.