I just notice that on 6th December 2013, Google had update Google Pagerank after a very long delay. The last Pagerank update was in February 2013.
On my web network, most of my websites going up in page rank. This is indeed a good news after 10 months of waiting.
For those who are new to page rank, it is a metric between 0-10. 10 is the best while 0 is the lowest. The rank depends on many factors, mostly on-site SEO and backlinks to your website.
Recently, I was very fortunate to be invited by Google to attend “Learn with Google for Publishers” workshop at Google office. One of the topics that I’m very interested is “Boost your AdSense Performance”.
The speaker was an expert from Google in the area of “Monetization and Yield Management”.
If you are interested to boost your AdSense earnings, here some of the tips revealed by an expert from Google.
- Place ads above the fold.
- Embed the ads in the content.
- Insert ads near Navigation but make sure the drop-down menu do not cover ads as it against the policy.
- Use high-performance ads size – 300 x 250 (also 336 x 280), 160 x 600 & 728 x 90,
- Working with ads color. Example
- Ads text have similar color with content.
- Ads text color in contrast with content.
- Match ad unit background color and border color.
- Disable ads blocking or at least use it at very minimum.
- Enable both text & image ads
- Create custom a channel an enable targetable ad placement.