For cPanel/WHM user, Munin is great server monitoring tools. It functions as a data logging and graphing system for time-series data. It can save years of real-time stats for data server and dispaly them in RRDtool graph at any time.
However, if you are using LiteSpeed Webserver, some of the data that related to Apache Webserver such as concurrent http connection will become unavailable.
Fortunately, LiteSpeed to provide an alternative monitoring tool but independent of Munin.
Below are the guides on how to install them.
Let assume the following
a. LiteSpeed install at – usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5
b. cPanel username – cpuser
c. Main domain for cpuser – website.com
Make sure you are using your information for all 3 information above.
Below is the step by step guides on how to install it RRDtool Graph for LiteSpeed.
1. SSH as a root user to your server & issue the following command
cd /usr/local/lsws/add-ons/rrdgraph ./rrdgraph_install.sh
2. Key in ‘y‘ indicate you have install RRDtool. Normally, RRDtool installed together with cPanel.
3. When asked about destination – Destination [/usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html]: key-in /home/cpuser/public_html
4. When asked about lsphp5 location – lsphp5 location: [/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5], if the LiteSpeed installation is correct, press enter or else type in the correct location
5. When installation complete, edit config file by issuing the following command
6. Scroll down until you see
'rrdtool' => '/usr/bin/rrdtool',
7. Change it to
'rrdtool' => '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/rrdtool',
8. Change user permission setting by typing
chown -R cpuser:cpuser /home/cpuser/public_html/ls_stats
9. Login to cpuser cPanel account.
10. Click on Cron-job icon.
11. In Common Settings:, select Every minute ( * * * * *).
12. In Command: area type in
/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 /home/cpuser/public_html/ls_stats/update.php >/dev/null
13. Installation completed. You can access the monitoring tools at
14. Alternative, you may want to set-up subdomain such as litespeed.website.com & point this sub-domain to /home/cpuser/public_html/ls_stats