If you have Obsolete Owned LiteSpeed License, installation via cPanel plugins will not work. There will be an error like
[ERROR] You are not authorized to use this binary, please purchase upgrades
If you encounter this error, then you have to manually install authorize old version of LiteSpeed. This is the guides on how to do it.
1. Log in to LiteSpeed Client area and check license update expiry date. In LiteSpeed Release Log Page, find LiteSpeed version that you can use.
2. SSH to your server & download and extract the applicable version (example below for version 4.2.6)
cd /home wget http://www.litespeedtech.com/packages/4.0/lsws-4.2.6-ent-x86_64-linux.tar.gz tar zxf lsws-4.2.6-ent-x86_64-linux.tar.gz cd lsws-4.2.6
3. create a file with name serial.no, edit the file & copy license information into the file and save.
4. Proceed with LiteSpeed installation
5. Accept the License Agreement by typing – Yes
6. Specify installation directory – /usr/local/lsws
7. Installer will generate license key & exit.
8. Run the installer again, accept the licence agreement & specify installation directory as of step 4 to 6 above.
9. Enter username – admin
10. Enter your choosen password
11. Enter admin email address
12. Enter “1” for cPanel installation
13. Enter Port Offset “0” for replace Apache
14. Enter “1” to enable PHP suEXEC
15. Installation will start
16. Enter “Y” to enable LiteSpeed start automatically when server start
17. Enter “Y” to start LiteSpeed.
18. Is start failed, login to WHM. Under Plugins → LiteSpeed, Click compile matching LSPHP binary.
19. When LSPHP compilation complete, try to restart Litespeed
20. Is the start failed, click on Version menu & force re-install the same version or older version.
21. LiteSpeed should be running now.